Posts on Mix In Some Magic may contain affiliate links, which I earn a small commission from. These are provided for your convenience at no price increase to you and help me provide you with great content.
If you’re a thrill-seeker looking for a heart-pumping adventure, you’ll find some of the best roller coasters at Disneyland! With so many choices, deciding which ones to try can be tricky. This post will be your ultimate guide to the best roller coasters at Disneyland so that you can make the most out of your visit.
Not only will you find some of the best roller coasters at Disneyland, but you’ll also find amazing rides and attractions the whole family will enjoy. Rides like Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and “it’s a small world” can be enjoyed by everyone in your group.
I have a complete guide to all the rides and attractions at Disneyland that includes height requirements, accessibility information, and other helpful info about single rider and Genie Plus.
In This Post:
Discount Disney Park Tickets And Hotels
Please be aware that Disney theme parks all require park tickets and reservations. Make sure you have both! Please don’t pay full price for your Disney tickets or hotel. My partners at Get Away Today have the very best deals on tickets and hotels. Their customer service is top-notch, and they even have layaway plans. You can find them using the link below or call 1-855-GET-AWAY. Make sure you tell them Melissa, from Mix In Some Magic sent you for the best deal! If you book a package with park tickets and a hotel room, you can use my code MIX10 to save an extra $10. That’s more churro money, friends!
I have a bunch of hotel reviews that might be helpful for you if you’re still trying to decide where you’d like to stay.
History of Roller Coasters At Disneyland
Roller coasters are an amusement ride involving a track with steep drops, curves, and other thrilling elements. They’re designed to give riders an adrenaline rush and a sense of excitement that can’t be found anywhere else.
There’s nothing quite like flying through the air at high speeds, experiencing twists and turns that leave your stomach in knots. The adrenaline rush you get from riding a roller coaster can make you feel invincible and alive. It’s no wonder why roller coasters are such a popular attraction for thrill-seekers around the world.
Disney Parks have a rich history of roller coasters that have evolved to incorporate cutting-edge technology and innovative design elements. The park’s first roller coaster was the Matterhorn Bobsleds, which opened in 1959 and remains one of the most iconic rides at Disneyland. This classic roller coaster takes riders on a journey through a snowy mountain with sharp turns and drops.
Over the years, Disneyland has introduced many exciting roller coasters that have become fan favorites. Space Mountain, for example, opened in 1977 and takes riders on a thrilling journey through the dark reaches of space. The Indiana Jones Adventure, which opened in 1995, combines elements of a traditional roller coaster with special effects and immersive storytelling.
Thanks to technological advances, roller coasters at Disneyland have become more sophisticated. Some newer rides, like the Incredicoaster, incorporate high-tech features to create an even more immersive rider experience. Regardless of your preferences, Disneyland has a roller coaster for everyone.
Top 5 Roller Coasters At Disneyland
There are many great roller coasters at Disneyland, but here are the top 5 that every thrill-seeker should experience:
- Space Mountain- Height Requirements: 40″(102 cm) or taller: This indoor roller coaster takes riders on a thrilling journey through the galaxy with exciting twists and turns. The dark setting adds an extra element of mystery and excitement to the ride.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds- Height Requirements: 42″(107 cm) or taller: This classic roller coaster is a Disneyland icon and a must-ride for any visitor. The ride takes you through a snow-covered mountain in the Swiss alps, with thrilling drops and turns. Keep an eye out for the abominable snowman!
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad- Height Requirements: 40″(102 cm) or taller: This wild west-themed roller coaster is perfect for adventure seekers. The ride takes you on a fast-paced journey through a haunted mine and over rocky terrain.
- Incredicoaster- Height Requirements: 48″(122 cm) or taller: This newer roller coaster combines the excitement of a traditional roller coaster with the fun and adventure of the Incredibles. The ride features high-speed drops and twists, special effects, and immersive storytelling.
- Goofy’s Sky School- Height Requirements: 42″(107 cm) or taller: This fun and exciting roller coaster is inspired by the classic Disney animated short “Goofy’s Glider” and takes visitors on a thrilling flight lesson with Goofy himself.
All the roller coasters at Disneyland have unique features and elements that make them a must-ride for any thrill-seeker visiting Disneyland. Be sure to try them all and see which one is your favorite! To avoid long lines, consider using Genie Plus on your visit to Disneyland Park.
Other Thrill Rides At Disneyland
If you’re looking for a thrill ride, there are a few more at Disneyland worth mentioning! Each of these Disneyland Resort Attractions will bring big thrills even though they aren’t traditional type roller coasters at Disneyland.
- Indiana Jones Adventure- Height Requirement: 46″(117cm) or taller: This unique roller coaster takes you on an adventure through an ancient temple with special effects and realistic environments. The ride combines elements of a traditional roller coaster with aspects of a dark ride, making it an unforgettable experience.
- Splash Mountain(Soon to be Tiana’s Bayou Adventure)-Height Requirement: 40″(102 cm) or taller: The highlight of the ride is the thrilling plunge down the 50-foot drop into the Briar Patch below. A massive wave of water drenches riders as they plummet down the drop, making it a perfect way to cool off on a hot day at Disneyland.
- Rise of the Resistance- Height Requirements: 40″(102 cm) or taller: This groundbreaking and immersive attraction is in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland. The ride takes visitors on an epic journey through the Star Wars universe, placing them in a battle between the Resistance and the First Order.
- Radiator Springs Racers- Height Requirements: 40″(102 cm) or taller: Radiator Springs Racers is a high-speed thrill ride in Disney California Adventure Park. You’ll find it in Carsland. The ride is based on the popular Pixar film “Cars” and takes guests on a wild race through Radiator Springs.
- Grizzly River Run- Height Requirements: 42″(107 cm) or taller: This ride is designed to simulate a white-water rafting adventure through California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains, with twists and turns that leave riders soaked exhilarated.
- Guardians of the Galaxy- Height Requirements: 40″(102 cm) or taller: The ride is based on the popular Marvel Comics franchise, Guardians of the Galaxy and takes visitors on a wild adventure with the film’s iconic characters. The ride features multiple drops and fast-paced sequences, with visitors plummeting up and down the fortress as they battle through the Collector’s traps and minions. The ride is accompanied by a custom soundtrack featuring classic rock hits from the 70s and 80s, adding to the immersive and thrilling experience.
- Chip’ n” Dale’s Gadget Coaster(formerly Gadget’s Go Coaster)- Height Requirements: 35 inches(97cm) or taller: This attraction isn’t considered a thrill ride for most, but I’ve included it on the list because it’s perfect for young kids. The coaster’s track is only about 200 feet long, and the ride lasts less than a minute, but it is packed with fun surprises and whimsical theming. This attraction is the perfect starting roller coaster at Disneyland for little kids. It’s got some small drops but is very mild.
Tips For Riding Roller Coasters At Disneyland
Riding roller coasters can be an exhilarating experience, but it’s important to keep safety in mind at all times. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your roller coasters at Disneyland adventure:
- Dress appropriately – Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that won’t restrict movement. Avoid wearing sandals or flip-flops; opt for sneakers or closed-toe shoes instead.
- Follow safety guidelines – Follow all instructions and guidelines posted throughout the ride. Always keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times, and make sure your safety restraint is securely fastened.
- Prepare yourself mentally – If you’re feeling nervous, take a few deep breaths and try to relax. Remember that roller coasters are designed to be thrilling, but they’re also safe and have been tested thoroughly.
- Build up to more intense rides – Start with smaller, less intense roller coasters before moving on to bigger, more thrilling ones. This will help you build up your confidence and get used to the sensation of riding a roller coaster.
- Have fun – Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the ride! Don’t be afraid to scream, laugh, or let go and experience the thrill of the moment.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your roller coaster adventure at Disneyland is a safe and enjoyable experience.
Disneyland Planning Help
I’ve got bunches of information on planning a Disneyland trip that will be so helpful for you! Start with my complete guide to visiting Disneyland. It’s a step-by-step guide for planning your vacation that will be helpful. Check out my top 10 Disneyland tips and guide to when to visit Disneyland to help you pick the best time for your vacation! I’ve also got a post on rope dropping at Disneyland that’s very helpful.
Check out my downloadable touring plans for a step-by-step guide to the parks!
I have a planning phone call that’s super popular! In this phone call, I can answer your Disneyland vacation questions and give you lots of tips and info tailored to you and your group!
Roller coasters at Disneyland offer an unbeatable thrill-seeking experience for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re a seasoned thrill-seeker or a first-time rider, Disneyland has a roller coaster that will leave you wanting more. From classic rides like the Matterhorn Bobsleds to newer, high-tech experiences like the Incredicoaster, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Disneyland rides are so much fun, and there’s something for everyone in your family to enjoy.
I’m often asked what the best rides at Disneyland are. This is a personal preference, but my favorite thrill attraction is Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s such a great ride! Regarding non-thrill rides, I’d have to say Peter Pan’s Flight. This classic ride reminds me of my childhood and is one of the best attractions in the park.
Remember, when riding roller coasters at Disneyland, following all safety guidelines and preparing yourself mentally for the experience is essential. By doing so, you can enjoy the ride to its fullest and create memories that will last a lifetime.
I hope this guide to roller coasters at Disneyland has been helpful for you! So, what are you waiting for? Grab your friends and family, and head to Disneyland to experience the thrill of their fantastic roller coasters. Your heart will be racing, and you’ll be smiling from ear to ear! It really is the happiest place on earth!
Make sure to check out my podcast for lots of Disney planning information! You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Just search for “Mix In Some Magic” Follow me on Instagram for lots of Disney tips and fun!