No trip to Disneyland is complete without a stop by Maurice’s Treats. The donuts and pastries are wonderful, but my favorite are the strawberry almond twists. I could eat these all day! I knew I had to come up with an at home alternative so I could enjoy these beauties even when I’m not inside Disneyland. Enjoy! Looking for more Disney inspired recipes! I’ve got you covered! I found my almond paste at Walmart. You can also find it here.
Strawberry Almond Twists
Disneyland Copy Cat Recipe from Maurice’s Treats!
- 1 Cup Strawberries(sliced)
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar (divided)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Sheets Puff Pastry
- 2 oz Almond paste
- 3 Tablespoons Butter(softened)
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Slice up one cup of strawberries. In a medium sauce pan combine strawberries with 1 cup of sugar, and lemon juice. Mash the strawberries and heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Stir often! Allow to cool completely.
- Lay out puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured, cutting board.
- Almond cream:
Combine almond paste, butter, egg and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Spread almond cream onto pastry.
- Spread a thin layer of the strawberry mixture on top of the almond cream. Top with the second pastry sheet and let rest in the fridge for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut into 6 even strips. Twist each strip at least 3 times and place on baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Brush with an egg wash.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes. Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar or slivered almonds if desired.